By Wilson Chua
RootCon issues calls for conference paper in line with their 11th Conference. This year’s security conference will be hosted at Taal Vista in Tagaytay on Sept 21-22, 2017. To submit your paper, please visit https://www.rootcon.org/xml/rc11/cfp
You can earn the coveted ROOTCON ElectiBadge when your paper is accepted to the Night Tracks. These Electibadge grants perpetual access to Rootcon. “Electi” comes from the Latin word “Elite”.
Your paper must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a cutting-edge research
- Topic has never been presented nor published in any other conferences
- Developed a zerØ-day (never released to the wild, but must have full-disclosure)
- Appliance-centric vulnerability or zerØ-day vulnerability. This must not yet be released to the wild and responsible disclosure and demo is required
- Unique IoT vulnerability – again responsible disclosure and demo is required.
Other benefits to being a speaker include:
- Accommodation and air-ticket for locals speakers
- Accommodation and transport from airport to the venue (vice versa) for international speakers
Jayson E. Street will be at this year’s RootCon. Jayson is the DEF CON Groups Ambassador. Also check out the Hackers Depot where you can showcase your new tools, new exploits here. RootCon is the premier and largest hacking conference in the Philippines.